Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fist-A-Cuffs: Last Chance to Vote for Fanny!




It's your last to chance to vote in the "Fist-a-cuff" ring card girl competition! Just click on the link on the right ( you need to have a blog profile to vote ). I believe the voting ends when the actual FACA fighting competition starts on the 5th. So here is my last plea to vote for "Fanny McRollo" before the competition is over.

Below I'm listing my top 17. My criteria was being a poised and well drawn beauty. I tended away from the over the top creature stuff, as I see that as more of the domain of the actual FACA competition, but didn't exclude them. It was pretty tough to come up with this list as there was a lot of good material to work with. You will find my final top ten on the "Fist-A-Cuff" site.

Here they are in alphabetical order:

1. Athena, Queen of the Arena-Kagan McLeod
2. Barbary Ann-Andy Ristaino
3. Connie Tiki-Guy Davis
4. Hoopnotica-Bobby Pontillas
5. Jane Smith-John Hoffman
6. Jenna Toejam-Paul Adam
7. Lady Plush Blush-Nathan Fox
8. Layzie Slawth-Ted Mathot
9. Love Ginger-Flaviano
10. Miss Elizabeth Provensen-Javier Olivares
11. Miss Tria-Dale Hayward
12. Oh Canada!-Joe Quinones
13. Priya Priddy-Cal Wong
14. Purple Hildred-Ethan Spaulding
15. Queen Melee's Ghost-?
16. Satansa-David Rubin
17. Wartina-Kristen McCabe

Labels:

8 Comments:

At Monday, November 5, 2007 at 3:12:00 PM PST, Blogger Wayne Lo said...

Hey Benton, Tried to leave a vote for Molly, who is definitely my favorite of the batch! but I think I missed the time deadline(??). Her new illustrations awesome too!

 
At Monday, November 5, 2007 at 4:44:00 PM PST, Blogger Bobby Pontillas said...

I voted for McRollo. Great character and equally great drawing above!

 
At Tuesday, November 6, 2007 at 5:26:00 PM PST, Blogger monkeyfeather said...

Wow, I made your top 17? An honour. I some how missed voting, by the time I found out about it, it was all over. Your girl would have DEFINITELY got my vote though as she was one of my favorites!

 
At Thursday, November 8, 2007 at 5:19:00 PM PST, Blogger benton jew said...

wayne-Who's Molly? ( I know what you meant-- ; ) )
I was a bit late getting the post out anyways. Thanks for the comment on new illos. She's fun to draw, and I'll be doing some more of her...

bobby-Thanks for coming by. Has you can see I voted for your Hoopnotica also ( she was in my top ten ). Thanks!

monkeyfeather-If you check the fist-a-cuff site, you'll see that you not only my top 17, but my top
ten! Great work!

 
At Tuesday, November 13, 2007 at 3:28:00 AM PST, Blogger Fabio Lai said...

Oops, I'm too late to vote.
Anyway your FACA Girl is very very good.

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 at 11:55:00 AM PST, Blogger Paul Adam said...

Dang! She just keeps getting awesomer. Great job, Benton!

 
At Wednesday, November 21, 2007 at 9:25:00 AM PST, Blogger benton jew said...

fabio-thanks for stopping by! Love your beautiful cartoon work on your site!

paul-Thanks! And I'd love to see more Jenna Toejam too!

 
At Saturday, December 8, 2007 at 9:49:00 AM PST, Blogger crazy_asian_man said...

Sorry, I haven't been checking blogs in awhile, just now seeing this, otherwise I would have voted for you... but since it won, looks like it all worked out!
Congrats!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home